Saturday, December 15, 2007

Here Comes Santa Clause...Ready or Not


So, our first encounter of the season with Santa was, what should I call it, I think encounter is a good word. We went to Jonathan's Guard Christmas dinner and Santa was there. Chelsea was so excited and wanted to go right over there. We took about 2 steps and she froze on me. The above picture was taken at about attempt 5, she had a death grip on her Grandma and wouldn't look at anyone. We went back and forth to our table which was across the room. She was very brave at the table and would take off to see Santa, but always came to an abrupt stop before she got there.

Santa was so good with Chelsea. He came around to the table and gave everyone a candy cane and talked to us, all part of the warming up process. When she finally decided to make another attempt I was ready with my camera. Notice, she is still a distance away from him. He gradually got closer and closer and he sealed the deal when he let her play with the baby reindeer. She loved on that reindeer the rest of the day and she was even nice enough to put it back when other kids wanted their picture taken with Santa. Of course she stood right there, and may be in some of their pictures, so she could grab it back as soon as they were done.

This picture is my favorite. I wish I could of got more of Santa in the picture but maybe that was all that was needed. I am not sure but I think she liked the reindeer more than Santa, but when she sees these pictures she still says she wants to go see him. She is priceless..........................
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ronda said...

If only Grandma would have sat on Santa's lap to show her how it was done....maybe, just maybe she would have...

I love the last picture with her big beautiful eyes looking up...

Melisa Jo said...

That last picture is perfect and you certainly didn't need anymore of Santa in the picture to get the full effect. Those eyes....