Monday, September 3, 2007

Singin' in the Rain...


This was our first day of rain all summer. With temperatures reaching 100 for most of the summer it was quite a welcoming rain. There is nothing like the smells of a summer rain. Chelsea was here and decided she wanted to go outside and play. I told her no because it was raining. Her Papa looked at me and said, "Why not? Take her outside." (Notice he didn't volunteer for the duty but thought it would be a great idea for me.) As I pondered his wonderful idea I thought, Why Not! So we took our socks and shoes off, I grabbed the camera and away we went. Chelsea was in heaven running back and forth through the puddles. Neither one of us melted away from the rain, and we didn't catch a cold....

What we did create is another memory. She may be too little to remember this moment but I will always have it to hold on to. I don't remember if I ever let my kids go play in the rain like this, but I hope when Chelsea sees these pictures, and as my children look at them, they will remember to keep that childlike spirit within them and to take the time to dance in the rain. I love it when my own children tell me to "grow up", because that usually means that I have dared to be a child again.

So, to each of you I ask, "How can you dare to be a child again today?" Will you dance in the rain? Will you jump rope with your children? Jump in the pool with them? Slide down the slide with them?....why not? I think I will even eat dessert first and hide my peas in my napkin.
Here's to being a kid again.........................
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

Cute pics & story Queenie!

I'm like Chelsea, I LOVE to be outside in the rain! That day I went outside and just stood in it! LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing.

GB Hugs & Love Ya!

Stacy B said...

Great post, Renee. You are a great grandma!

Melisa Jo said...

Nothing better than a rainy day and time to take it all in, whether you walk bare footed or get all dressed up in your rain gear. Great memories and I think we both have the perfect scrapbook paper and embellishments for that group of rainy day pictures. Smile.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, this is living. I knew there was a reason I liked you. I lived in Seattle half of my life... I remember it well... so do my kids!

Ronda said...

It is just water! So glad that you took her outside and had fun! Great memories for you to help her remember in the future!

Alison said...

Hi Renee!

I am so glad you found us! I LOVE to blog! I keep it very updated. I am not sure if Chelsea is related but I think she looks like Molly. Adorable pictures!

Alison & Jack

A.S.K.-P. said...

You know, this story & Chelsea are cute and all but you REALLY need to update this thing!

HEHE

Love Ya!