Tuesday, March 17, 2009

3 Weeks Old

Three weeks old...and cuter every day. Grandma got to have the kids over for the day while the big kids went to Tri Cities to celebrate Sarah's birthday. Lets just say it was a good day. I am guessing that Chelsea does not quite trust my parenting skills as she was by my side all day instructing me on how to take care of her brother. She was even willing to help me out when I so much as blinked in the other direction.

I wouldn't say she is jealous, I am watchful for that, but she must be included on everything.
Can you see it? I go to change his diaper and she already had all the snaps undone on his outfit for me. I give him a bottle and she is sitting down on the couch telling me she can hold him. I turn my back while he is safely laying on the couch and she is giving him a bottle that he doesn't need or want, or she is picking him up. She just didn't understand Grandma's frustration with her and I didn't want to over react either.

So far, Ryder is a good sport about all of our transitioning. Lets hope he will always be that easy going.


I am so lucky to have two such beautiful grandchildren. I want to always be a huge part of their life. I want them to have memories to last a life time of wonderful moments they shared with their Papa and Grandma.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute. I know just how you feel.

Heleen said...

you sure have some beauties there to treasure!