Monday, July 21, 2008

Building Memories

This isn't the first time I have walked out to the garage and had to run back in to get my camera. Chelsea just loves to help her Grandpa, and it amazes me how patient he can be with her. As you see, the only stitch of clothing she has on is her panties, no shoes.
Yet she climbs up on the table, grabs the tools and gets to work. She is fearless and up to doing anything her Papa is doing.

It takes very strong muscles to fit the pieces together, and Chelsea has climbed right over the top of everything to assist.

I love this picture of Chelsea with Papa's Hand...the picture says it all.

A good carpenter must know how to use a tape measure with ease. Check out all the wood chips and rough barn wood she walks over with no shoes on. Like I said, if you are going to be a carpenter you better be tough.

The patience here is incredible. Papa got to hold the drill in place but Chelsea got to pull the trigger to make it go. She wasn't content doing it just a few times either, she had to do it everytime the drill was needed.
I hope these days are as treasured for her as they are for us. With our own kids we were too busy being parents to really savor these moments. They were there but did we really take the time to realize how precious they were.
Being a Grandparent has changed my outlook on life, I want to cherish every moment and hold every memory close to my heart to carry me through. To make the little things count, to worry less and live more.
To build memories in our everyday life.

3 comments:

Melisa Jo said...

What a great little helper. Can't believe Papa allows nothing but underwear - I don't think you could get away with that Renee! Great memories captured with the camera, just awesome.

A.S.K.-P. said...

OMG! This is just too cute! Only that girl would go into Grandpa's shop wearing nothing but her undies and help!

Anonymous said...

Love this piece! Where are her clothes? She's usually a fashion plate. What a riot!