Monday, January 28, 2008

Christmas Pageant


We hadn't planned on Chelsea being in a Christmas Pageant when we went to church on Christmas Eve, but when we walked in the door they grabbed all the kids and if you wanted a part, you were in. At first Chelsea was going to be an "Angel". Notice there is one star to hold for one lucky angel. She was pretty good about the fact that she was not the designated angel but we turned around and out she came, dressed as a "Shepherd".

What a smart girl she is. She figured it out that if she was a shepherd she would get to hold her own stick so she changed costumes. I was a little nervous when I saw the look on Carson's face, but was even more nervous when I found out that the kids didn't sit with parents, but up in the front row with one of the older girls to help out.

I am not sure I got much out of the service as I was constantly watching Carson and Chelsea's "Staff" waving around, hooking objects within reach and some not so much in reach. I am pretty sure that the girl that was sitting with them was an angel in disguise. She was so patient with the two of them. God surely has more patience than I do, with about 5 minutes left in the service I broke down and went and sat behind them. The bad thing was they were in the front row and if I boxed them between the ears, God and everyone would of been watching......God is good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Grandma, she was just practicing hooking for when she was a real shepherd! :) Nothing to raise your blood pressure about! How I would have loved to watch the pageant!!

Melisa Jo said...

Pageants are supposed to be entertaining and since there wasn't any warning about her participation in the pageant, they had to expect to get what they get. Chelsea is an entertainer, sit back and enjoy Grandma. Smile.