Monday, January 28, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Life just doesn't get much better than this. I love the snow and have been waiting for the day that I could go outside with Chelsea and build our first snowman together. Everytime Ronda tells me it is snowing on the mountain I ask her if it is good snowman snow.
Although yesterday wasn't the greatest snow for making a snowman, it packed but didn't want to roll into a ball, Chelsea and I bundled up in our best snow gear and away we went. I only wish Papa could of been here to capture more of our day in pictures.
We shoveled the walks twice, by the time I got to the end of the sidewalk it had snowed so much I had to start over. After that we saved that job for Papa, we had more important things to do.
My best solution to not being able to make a snowball was to get us each a bucket and pack them with snow and to keep stacking snow that way until we could shape our snowman. Chelsea was a trooper and packed and hauled snow for over two hours.

It was so much fun to watch Chelsea run through the snow, crawl in it, jump in it, and even try and catch some on her tongue. Now who taught her that? Wasn't me this time. I must say it is pretty cute though.

And the fruit of our labor.....Frosty the snowman, who Chelsea told me is a girl. I don't think Mark has noticed yet that I broke branches off a tree in the yard for the arms. I knew I was keeping that cute straw hat for something besides a yard sale, and I must say, the mini carrot nose tops Mrs. Frosty off quite nicely.

Our hair was soaked, along with everything we were wearing, our faces were red and Lord knows what all came our of Chelsea's nose during our adventure, but I will never forget this day.
These are the special times, times I'll remember, times I will cherish forever.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ronda said...

Way too cute!
Finally, you get to make your very own snowman! I am very happy for you! Mrs. Frosty is quite attractive in her January wardrobe and accessories!

So very glad you have documented this for your records and us to share it with you! Keep blogging my friend!

A.S.K.-P. said...

What a fun day. The pics are adorable! I LOVE the one of Chelsea catching snow on her tongue!

Melisa Jo said...

What a fantastic Grandma! You never give up and a from the sounds of it Chelsia as a little of her Grandma in her. Haul that snow, pack that snow, we will have a cute snowman and sure enough you do!