Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Sledding We Will Go....


Over the river and through the woods.... well, we are crossing a creek, does that count? Here we are at Lon and Ronda's for a fun day of sledding in honor of Melisa's birthday. This is the beginning of our day and after bundling everyone up we head out to find a hill. By the time we got this far all the adults were exhausted and we were probably only a block from the house. The snow was so deep we could hardly walk, let alone pull the kids on the sleds. Melisa said the snow was waist deep on her and she turned around a few feet into the treck. Oh, my short friends.

We ended up building a little hill right next to the house and Mark spent most of the day setting the tube on the hill, piling kids on top and letting them go. I think they had just as much fun doing that as they would of climbing a big hill all day long.

This was Chelsea's first time sledding and possibly her first real time playing in the snow. She had a blast and didn't want to come in. The only thing she didn't like was when the snow got inside her gloves, but who would?

I don't know if Chelsea is old enough to really remember her first sledding adventure, but if nothing else she will have adorable pictures that captured the moment. I wonder if my kids wish I could of been their Grandma instead?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ronda said...

That sure was a fun day! So glad Mark was able to come too! I still dream about his new boots!

I don't know about your kids...but I am very glad that Landon has you for his Aunt Nae Nae who is the silliest of us all!

Melisa Jo said...

I loved that day. So much fun and so many great friends. Thanks everyone!